As businesses undertake the journey of digital transformation, a vast amount of data needs to be transformed into newer formats. For instance, physical documents may need to be uploaded and saved as PDFs. Photographs will need to be scanned and saved as Jpegs.
Traditional publishing houses that are investing in digitization may be in the process of converting all paperbacks into interactive ebooks. This is an extensive and unique process in itself.
In this blog, we delve into the various content conversion services available to businesses and the role of digital content conversion software in bringing speed and efficiency to the entire process.
Types of Digital Content Conversation Services
Businesses today have a wide range of conversion needs depending upon the nature of the company and its history. Here is a snapshot of services available based on the conversion needs of businesses.
This is one of the most common services required, where the full spectrum of documents, journals, books, brochures, reports, and invoices need to be converted into PDFs and saved online. It then becomes easy for businesses to search for these documents on the cloud or one’s desktop.
Many documents exist in the form of older data formats. Businesses are looking to convert them into XML files because this format enables employees to easily access the content team and share it across a wide range of operating systems, software, and applications.
Businesses have a ton of physical photographs which need to be scanned and converted into JPEG and TIFF file formats for easy storage and sharing.
Making Text Documents Searchable
With the help of a tool such as Optical Character Recognition (OCR), any document with text can be scanned and converted into an image. The key benefit of this process is that these documents are now editable and searchable using keywords and metadata.
Traditionally, a lot of eBooks work published as PDFs. However, publishers, authors, and content creators, now prefer to produce eBooks in the EPUB format due to its various advantages. Hence, traditional eBooks published in the PDF format are now being reimagined in the ePUB format, enabling easy search and introducing elements such as video, audio, and interactive tests. ePUB content also has Search Engine Optimization capabilities, thus enabling this content to show up in search engines, thus improving its discoverability.
HTML to PDF
It is possible to convert HTML files into PDFs using content conversion tools easily. Since web pages use HTML, an entire web page can be converted from the web browser can be converted into a PDF, which can be saved on the cloud or one’s own personal device.
Flash to HTML5 Conversion
Businesses that still possess documents in a flash, a format that is no longer in use, can convert them into HTML5 using specific tools. The benefit of HTML5 files is that they are accessible across diverse platforms, including smartphones, tablets, and eReaders. It is also possible to hyperlink content. Hence, this conversion enables documents to now be accessed across various devices.
There are a number of challenges that companies face when leveraging digital conversion tools.
- Due to so many formats available, businesses will need to use different software and tools for different content conversion needs. This makes the process extremely chaotic and inefficient.
- The data that companies are looking to convert may be sensitive in nature. And they were doing free tools may not be the safest option. All the data being converted is then accessible to the creator of these tools, and security is definitely a growing concern.
- There is a need for speed when converting large numbers of data. Using multiple tools can slow down the process and demand more human resources to be put on the job.
- Once all this data is converted, there comes a question of how it will be stored and cataloged. It is just as important to map out how data will be stored and categorized so that it can be easily archived and searched for.
Consolidate All Efforts
Today, technological advances make it possible for businesses to streamline and optimize digital conversion efforts.
For instance, it is possible to simplify the production of ePUB content by using cloud-based digital publishing software. By using such software, companies can convert PDF content into highly interactive eBooks with little investment of time and effort. They can also leverage the distribution, security, and storage capabilities of the software.
A Complete Publishing Ecosystem
With businesses having so many unique content conversion needs, it is ideal for them to partner with a platform that offers a comprehensive ecosystem. Such a single, unified platform offers a complete solution that enables the storage, creation, conversion, and distribution of content services.
The benefits of such a system are multifold:
- The entire process becomes much more efficient.
- Everything can be managed from a single platform rather than multiple tools
- The system enables easy conversion of content across all formats within seconds and minutes.
- Data remains absolutely secure as it does not travel outside the company’s content ecosystem.
- The data can also be searched for and shared with various stakeholders with ease
- Such a system is completely customizable based on the business needs
To Wrap Up
Digitization and content conversion of older files are essential to the entire digital transformation process. It can save time and resources and avoid duplication and loss of important content if done correctly.
Early investments in this process, by leveraging the best of technology, can enhance productivity, efficiency, and compliance of the entire process. Companies can continue to use such services for their ongoing conversion needs.
If your business plans to invest in comprehensive digital transformation, consider partnering with a technology evangelist such as Hurix Digital, which is geared to advise, guide, and provide end-to-end content conversion services as a future safeguard for all key documentation.
Drop a line at email@example.com to get the ball rolling and get the support you need in order to further your business goals.